In the next 10 years, 90% of legal services will be delivered online. What’s the obstacle? Coding the expertise of all the world’s lawyers.
Gavel is the automation infrastructure that enables legal professionals to advance the way they serve and reach clients. By providing an intuitive, customizable way to automate any part of a legal practice, Gavel gives attorneys and law firms the ability to streamline operations, save time, and serve more clients. Gavel is built by a dedicated team of lawyers and technologists committed to innovating on behalf of the legal profession.
Gavel is led by a passionate and experienced founder who personally faced the problem in her law career and a seasoned CTO leader who has led teams at Microsoft and Amazon. Come join our team and have a say in the future of Gavel. As a tight and rapidly growing company, your insights will go directly into product development and company roadmap. The ownership you will experience will accelerate your career growth.
About the Role
As the Growth Marketing Manager (and first marketing hire), you will play a pivotal role in leading our Marketing function to enable company-wide growth. You will be responsible for developing and implementing effective marketing strategies that align with our vision and business goals across Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Success.
This role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on Gavel’s growth and success by driving strategic and tactical digital marketing. You will be working directly with the CEO and CTO in this role, in addition to brilliant cross-functional peers, and will help drive the vision for team growth and Marketing organization’s structure.
- You will proactively develop holistic marketing plans. This includes:
- (1) Lead the development and execution of paid acquisition strategies aimed at driving growth and efficiency; manage audiences, creatives, budget, and channel strategies to maximize target metrics for paid programs
- (2) Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for new product launches and feature releases, ensuring that all departments are in sync and timelines are met
- Drive organic growth and improved conversion funnels through improved user experience and product-led growth from discovery through retention marketing
- Work closely with the SEO consultant on content marketing, site optimization and technical SEO, in coordination with Engineering team
- Develop a deep understanding of the target audience and define best practices to reach and engage with them; this includes building on our community strategy and shape future community program roadmap
- Help set up and analyze quantitative data to evaluate the impact of paid performance, email and landing page tests, and content efforts
- Establish, monitor, and manage critical marketing metrics to ensure strategies are driving desirable outcomes; regularly report on performance trends and insights
- Be an end-to-end channel owner which includes expertise in tracking, audience creation, measurement, attribution, optimization, and CRM automation
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in the tech industry, preferable with a B2B software brand, with a proven track record of managing successful products and multi-channel campaigns bearing learnings that can be applied to Gavel
- You have had key responsibility in paid acquisition strategies while also possessing foundation knowledge in driving growth through SEO and content strategies, and driving retention through holistic CRM programs
- Exceptional strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute innovative marketing strategies based on customer insights and market trends
- Strong track record of interacting and working with multiple stakeholders and partnering collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication marketing to create compelling narratives about our product for a variety of audiences
- Experience onboarding and managing third-party vendor and contractor relationships
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with martech and data tools (including partnering with engineers on data infrastructure setup), with the ability to make and communicate data-driven decisions
- Competitive compensation package (including salary and equity)
- Unlimited PTO, sick leave, and company-wide holidays
- Remote work flexibility and $1k WFH budget
- Professional development allowance (e.g., courses and certifications)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company 401(k) savings plan (non-matching)