In the next 10 years, 90% of legal services will be delivered online. What’s the obstacle? Coding the expertise of all the world’s lawyers.
Documate is the no-code infrastructure enabling this legal revolution.
On Documate, our lawyer-customers build web based experiences for their clients. Law firms, nonprofits and courts in 23 countries and 18 languages use Documate as the backbone for their legal tech tools.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to work with us to continue making Documate the central hub for accessing legal services. If you write great code, want to work on greenfield parts of our software, and love working with brilliant people on groundbreaking ideas, we want you on our team!
❤️ What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a small, agile team of experienced engineers to architect our software
- Work with fellow engineers and stakeholders to develop and implement new application features
- Have a say! Your ideas and insights will go directly into our product development
- Stay up to date with current software trends to help maintain and improve existing systems
- Advanced experience working with at least one frontend SPA framework (React, Vuejs, Svelte, Preact, EmberJS, SolidJS, etc.)
- Experience with, or willing to learn Typescript, Python, NodeJS, Docker/Docker Compose, PostgreSQL
- Experience writing and maintaining tests (unit, integration, and e2e)
- Excellent communicator - can clearly communicate requirements, challenges, and product ideas
🌟 Extra Credit
- You have a great Stack Overflow presence, open source contributions, cool Github projects, or you’re active in software communities.
- Experience with Go, Rust, Ruby, GraphQL, NestJS, mobx, flask, gRPC, Terraform, or CDKTF
- Experience with AWS (ECS, CDK, Lambda, ApiGateway, DynamoDB, RDS, SNS, SQS)
- Experience in CI/CD environments and building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Container orchestration experience (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, ECS, OpenShift, etc…)
🤚 The Benefits are Real
- Competitive compensation package (including salary and equity opportunity)
- Flexible PTO, sick leave, and company-wide holidays
- Work from anywhere, and $1k WFH budget
- Professional development allowance (e.g., courses and certifications)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company 401(k) savings plan (non-matching)
To apply to this job, send your resume and a short message on why you're interested in the role to [email protected]
Documate is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, free from discrimination or harassment, for all employees.